1. She cries for puscat. Not AT or because of puscat, but FOR puscat. She’s not one of those annoying babies that make you want to torture them because of how irrationally afraid they are of animals.
2. She sleeps the moment you put her on your back.
3. She adores other babies. Anything from 0 years to 7 is her best friend. She’s great with the kittens!
4. She has a fantastic appetite. Wonderful levels of omnomery just. We don’t have to dance like we did for Praise, or force like we did for Joshua or hide all things edible from her like we had to do for Jero (who had the BIGGEST appetite in the world). This kind of sucks because we can’t afford to steal her cerelac. That shit’s expensive. She loves pineapple and eats it with a greed that surpasses understanding.
5. She has a really goofy smile and just the best sounds to go with it.
6. She will try to sing along with you, every time. This has helped me explore my voice a lot, because however off key I get, I am never going to surpass her level of off keyness
7. She miaows with puscat, but not so much that you start to think the cat or one of her babies bit the baby in the night and turned her into cat-woman. No. Just miaow! miaow miaow!
8. She outgrows her clothes in that way that has always made us brag about Opwonya babies. We’re biggies, we are. And healthies and cuties and oh my God this child is adorable.
9. She loves her tweety doll so much that we’ve attached many different theories to this relationship. The more obvious ones are:
Maybe the doll comes alive at night and plays with her (as she’s one of those babies that will wake up and stay in bed, quietly playing with her dolls).
Maybe in the way of spirits, mummy occasionally enters that doll and hangs out with bubuna. (This one we’ve always entertained. from when she was 2 months to maybe 5? She’d smile at the ceiling, make adorable sounds at the air. Soo. Yea. Duh? We know what you’re about mamalai.
10. She eats her toes, just like I used to do. Only she bends forward to them and I used to pull my leg to my mouth.
She’s just the cutest little thing in the world, isn’t she? I love you adannybabe. Read this when you’re all grown and feel special.